Translate

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Player expectations for next year ! (Alessandro Matri)

This guy impressed me in the 2011/12 where he was our top goalscorer and was a prolific goal scorer. But last year Matri was terrible. He was always in and out of the team and was never really able to hit any form. And for me his performance last night in the TIM cup summed up his season, lazy and sloppy.

I expect Matri to be a Juventus player come September the first but to be honest I hope he isn't. He just doesn't seem to be the finisher he used to be. Two years ago if he went one on one you would be 90% sure he would score however last year you would only be around 40% sure he would score. This was proved last night when he missed numerous half chances and when he took his penalty he skied it. I want him next year to be more hungry and determined but if I'm totally honest from what I have seen this last year I really do not expect this but maybe if he can improve his finishing and be less lazy and more determined he can revive his career at Juve.

No comments:

Post a Comment